txtNation’s Jason Shaw attended the recent PPP seminar, 24th June 2015, discussing how these Special conditions will take effect and be enforced under the new Code. Key points can be found below:
- All aggregators have been advised to wait until the statement is issued before any changes or implementations are made. This will be out this week.
- The main issue was they are planning on removing 2 of the 12 special conditions and any service categories that use higher tariffs will for now NOT be under special conditions.
- They are also working on a proposal to remove conditions for voice based Text charge services.
- One contentious point was the cost indicators on voice calls. As Ofcom and PPP are allowing charges up to £45 they want alerts on £15 and actual customer affirmation on £30.
- The service operators are saying that few people have the actual systems to implement this. This subject will be ongoing. The MNO’s still only allow £30.